The following individuals and corporations have been recognized by our section for their distinguished service, honor, and dedication to the Southern Nevada engineering community. Thank you all.
Southern Nevada Engineering Achievement Award
This award is given to an individual or corporation who has helped advance engineering in Southern Nevada through volunteerism, performance of cutting-edge research, or professional excellence.
- 2013 – Dr. Robert Boehm (UNLV)
- 2012 – David McElwain (CCSD)
- 2011 – Dan Pellouchoud (Hoover Dam)
- 2010 – NSTech, Inc. (Nevada National Security Site)
- 2009 – Dr. Brendan O’Toole (UNLV)
- 2008 – Dr. Mohamed Trabia (UNLV)
- 2007 – Dr. Vasisht Venkatesh (Timet)
Outstanding Volunteer Award
This award recognizes an outstanding volunteer that has not only contributed their time and talent to the ASME, but has helped our Silver State Section to thrive.
- 2012: Sig Stockinger
- 2011 Weki Hailu
- 2011 – Justin Young
- 2010 – Kevin Nelson
- 2009 – Daniel Lowe
- 2008 – Bradford Colton
- 2007 – Stacy Nelson
Student Poster or Essay Competition
- 2010 – Daniel Sigler
- 2009 – Anthony Santo Domingo
- 2008 – Jagadeep Thota
- 2007 – Kimberly Clark